Monday, January 3, 2011

A Step into a New World

I may be young but I am very determind and goal orinented.... I have been making very neat peices of jewelry for about 3 1/3 years now. I am always looking for ways to get my business known and "out there". Well at 15 years old, I think I FINALLY found it!!! I have started a website! I am using the website Etsy.com (a website for artist).  My site (through etsy) is: www.etsy.com/shop/mmjewelrybox . It has been a lot of work but I have figured it all up and put a lot of my favorite peices of jewelry on the site! I am very excited about it! I got my first sale online just two days ago!  I had always sold my jewelry at festivals and to friends and family, but festivals only come around every fall and well I don't know how much more jewelry my grandmas can handle! Hopefully this website will help me reach more customers.... fingers crossed!
After a long day of watching the clock above the classroom doors when I get home all I want to do is bead!  Weird huh? While others kids get there video games out, or eat everything in the pantry, I rather turn on the TV (usually Ellen DeGeneres) and sit down on the floor with my eight big bead boxes all around me.  I first see what beads jump out at me then create a few necklaces or bracelets and earrings. Then my mom yells for me to get going on homework, which of course is not a favorite!
So today as I sat down to do my homework after making a semi-precious stone necklace I thought to myself "Why don't we have a beading class in school?" Have a lost my mind? Well at my school we have guitar class, band, art, photography, cooking, sewing, and many more! Why not beading class? mhmm...... So as I sign off for tonight I will leave you with something to think about... beading class in high school? middle school? elementary? any school? Although how would you test....how fast can you put the bead on the wire? haha!
With something to think about,
Busy beader
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment